How To Remove Eyelash Extensions With Coconut Oil?
Why coconut oil is an effective remover? What’s in it? How to remove eyelashes extensions with coconut oil?
It is no wonder that coconut oil is a common name when it comes to health and beauty products given its many proven benefits. It moisturizes and protects your skin and hair form having antimicrobial and antifungal properties and this includes eyelashes extension too. It helps keep your eyelashes healthy and makes it in fuller lashes that can strive for any cosmetics and eyelash styling tools.
There has been studies both on human and animals showing that coconut oil is safe for use around the eyes. It is proven safe to use in the delicate area of your eyes and can even work double duty proving benefits not just for eyelashes but also on the skin around your eyes.
On the other hand, coconut oil can also protect hair against damage from washing, hair products, and styling. Though it’s all about hair but this evidence is also applicable to eyelash hair. Scientifically examined, coconut oil contains fatty acids, mainly lauric acid, which helps it be more easily absorbed by our hair shaft and this is why coconut oil provides better and longer-lasting protection, unlike other oils. It is also found that applying coconut oil to hair before or even after washing protects hair by losing its protein. When it comes to eyelashes, it helps protect from damage.
You must know as well that microbial organisms are naturally present on your eyelashes and have the potential to cause bacterial and fungal infections. The medium-chain fatty acids that can be found in coconut oil have antimicrobial and antifungal properties that can protect against the. Its lauric acid has the greatest antibacterial activity of all these medium-fatty acids. So, applying coconut oil on your eyelashes and skin around them may protect your skin from infections. And this is great for those who love to wear mascara. Why? Because the microbes on your eyelashes have the potential to contaminate your mascara. The mascara that you used to more than three months is found to have a microbial growth of 36.4% of the tubes.
Again, coconut oil can moisturize and protect hair from protein loss and damage and even for stronger eyelashes preventing it from falling out.
Coconut oil for eyelashes
There are many ways to use coconut oil for eyelashes, such as eyelash serums that could be applied directly. You can find various eyelash serums online or at beauty counters. These serums contain coconut oil along with other ingredients such as essential oil or mineral oil. What’s good in this eyelash serum is that it comes with an applicator that makes it easy to apply without making a mess.
How to remove eyelashes extensions with coconut oil? Here’s how you can directly apply coconut oil using your fingers:
- Wash your hands
- Get a small amount out from its container using your index finger
- Rub the coconut oil between your two index fingers
- Close your eyes and rub the coconut oil gently along your lash lines
You can also apply coconut oil with an eyelash brush or mascara wand:
- Dip your brush or wand into a container of coconut oil
- Gently apply the coconut oil to your eyelashes as you would mascara
- Apply it from top to bottom lashes
- Use a cotton swab or pad to gently remove any excess oil from your lashes or skin
It is very rare to have coconut oil allergies but it is still possible to happen. Though it is safe for skin use and around the eyes but make sure not to get it in your eyes. Using the 100% coconut oil would be the safest thing to do as other products may contain ingredients that could cause irritation or allergic reaction. You may use a clean, damp washcloth to remove any excess oil from around your eyes and if it happens to get in your eyes and irritation starts, flush your eyes with water immediately.
But how to remove eyelash extensions with coconut oil?
Coconut oil is one of the solutions/gels considered to remove eyelash effectively. Coconut oil is an inexpensive and generally safe natural option to improve the health and appearance of your eyelashes and it can also help remove eyelashes extensions. But how to do it?
In doing this, you need to have coconut oil, cotton buds, cotton pads, and disposable spoolie brushes/clean mascara wand.
- Consider using gentle makeup remover if you are wearing any makeup. Then, thoroughly wash your face.
- Get a large bowl and fill it with steaming hot water, then carefully place your face directly over the bowl and completely cover your head with a large towel. Have this done for 10 to 15 minutes as this will help soften the glue and help release the extensions.
- First is to take your coconut oil and pour in into your cotton pad. Put your soaked cotton pad onto your closed eyes for about three minutes.
- After doing so, you may take your cotton bud and rub in some coconut oil and brush it down. While brushing, you will notice the detachment of eyelash extensions from your natural lash.
- You may do the same steps onto your other eye. Keep in mind as well not to rub hard as it will cause your natural lashes to pull away.
- Once the extensions slide off, rinse your face with warm water to wash away any excess coconut oil residue. Apply moisturizer or hydrating face oil to nurture skin and bring your lashes back to their original state.
- Brush your natural eyelashes using your disposable spoolie brush or have it clean with a mascara wand.
Make sure not to pluck your false lash as it is unsafe as it will damage your natural lash. You should see your false lashes come off on the cotton ball or pad dropping off. If it is not peeling off and you have difficulty in removing it, you may go back and consult professionals who applied them to help you with the removal.
Video by: Astrid Ella